Tuesday, April 5, 2011

To bond or not to bond?

One of the weird things about baseball is that it has made me lonely sooo lonely for my girlfriends and yet so over the getting personal with anyone. Should this be considered a typical business situation? After all it is your husbands job right? The kind of professional relationships where you stick to greetings and small talk and not much else should be maintained after then. Ooor is this your life? Should you make friends for your own sanity and let these random people in? By random I mean different backgrounds, religious views,  political views ect. Is this the kind of situation where you are obligated to be there for each other?  I guess it is. And the worst part of this whole dilemma is that you will inevitably be separated from these friends that have been there for you all season. They even might become more easy for you to talk to than some of your buddies back home. After all they are there through baseball the highs and the oh so lows. A classic case of only someone who has been there can truly understand.  Even if you are acting like a psycho lonely beeatch and not making any sense. (Like I have for example) these become the people that are dear to you. Perhaps I should think of it as a bittersweet situation.  Bitter because it is brief and you inevitably risk some  drama, sweet because of the tight bond you make.

1 comment:

  1. "Even if you are acting like a psycho lonely beeatch and not making any sense"...

    Ahahhaha,,I miss you silly Myla! I can tell you this, since Adam isn't playing any longer it really makes me realize how much I miss all of my baseball homies! Definitely keep getting to know them, because baseball won't always be around, but the friends will! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

My Shelfari Bookshelf